June 18-22 and June 25-29, 2018
$1,100 Must take both weeks of classes
This course will cover:
- Different methods and treatments of sculpture engraving.
- Emphasis will be placed on scroll engraving and sculpturing the scroll
- Drawing and layout of the scroll
- Sculpturing with punches and/or carving with various gravers or burrs
- Back ground removal and treatment will be discussed and demonstrated
Jim Blair started his engraving quest in the 70’s. Acquiring the skills and opportunity to open his own studio in the early 1990’s. He has previously taught engraving courses at Trinidad State Junior College, NRA summer program, Buffalo Bill Museum in Cody, Wyo. and presently provides private instruction in his own studio. Jim has attained the status of master engraver in the Firearms Guild of American and the American Custom Gunmakers Guild, with articles published in several books and magazines. Not for beginners.
For complete information contact Donna at 719-846-5724 or firstname.lastname@example.org